Monday, November 30, 2009

The Living History Farms Off Road Race


Amber, Me, Emily and Greg before the race.  We knew this would be the only shot of the 4 of us together.

The starting line up!

My parents came to see us off and welcome us back.  I can't believe my Dad actually found us on the course.

By off-road, they literally mean off-road.  It was CRAZY.  There were 8 creek crossings.  This was the last one and VERY mild compared to others we had crossed.  Amber and I are standing in the creek on the far side.  She has a bright blue shirt on and I am just in front of her.

Here we are at the finish of the race.  We had to finish it running.

This race was 7.1 miles of off-road hills and creeks, tunnels and fields, lots and lots of people, and two very scared deer trying to get away from it all.  At mile 5, we said we would do it again.  At mile 6 my left calf was cramping.  At mile 7, I wasn't so sure it was going to make it.  But we did it!  I didn't train at all for this, and really regret it.  I will do it again next year, but will definitly train.  Thanks Amber for staying with me.  I'm so proud if us.

No comments: