Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It's HOT!

Sorry for the quality of this picture, but I took it yesterday at 5:30pm while I may or may not have been driving. 

Needless to say, it is H-O-T HOT here!  With the heat index we are talking 115 degrees hot with no air movement yesterday.  And of course it is Backyard Bible Club week.  We did actually cancel yesterday due to the heat, but we endured Sunday and Monday nights, and will still have the block party tonight.  The kids don't seem too bothered, but I know that my girls have no awareness of when their bodies need water.  So, I think it's best to be safe.  

I have come to the conclusion, that there are weeks (months) in the winter when you can't be outside, but likewise, there are weeks in the summer when you can't be outside either.  It makes me very thankful for spring and fall.  

I'm looking at when school starts and kinda freaking out that summer is quickly passing.  We have plans for the next 4 weekends, then school starts.  I have to remember that just because school starts doesn't mean winter starts.  There will still be weekends to camp and enjoy the outdoors.   There is still time to get in some of the activities that we love.  I just need to relax and enjoy these last few weeks that I have Paige full time at home.  But more on that later.


2 comments:

russue said...

You pretty much gave yourself away with what you said so I'm fairly sure you were driving when taking pic. Shame on you! There are stoplights and stop signs for that. It was unbearably hot though. I agree! Nana

safmomma said...

I was driving, but we were stopped at a stoplight. So a little of both!