Thursday, September 30, 2010

Break.My.Heart.

On Tuesday Paige informed me that she wants to go to school. . .everyday.  Our plan has been to homeschool, at least through grade school.  I'm not saying that this is not our plan now, but Mark and I are really going to have to pray about how we are going to educate our girls.

After she told me about wanting to go to school I asked her if she would rather have Mommy teach her.  Then she could be home with Alaina and go to the Children's Museum, and to parks, and other fun things. She said, "No, I want to go to school," and still pleading her case, "I will listen to my teacher and obey her!"  Oh my heart.  I know this girl would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE school.  She has always been social and much prefers people to toys.

"What's the problem, then?" you ask.  I'm not ready to throw my babe into public schools.  She is very tenderhearted and believes that everyone is her friend.  I'm not ready for a broken heart.  I know I have to let go, but I would like to still do some esteem building and heart training at home.  I could put her in private school, which would actually be my first choice, but I just don't know what kind of a financial burden that will put on us.

I know that ultimately Mark and I are the parents and we make the decisions as to what we feel is best.  But we want to make the best choice for each of the girls.  We still have a little time to decide, but would appreciate your prayers as we walk this journey.

No comments: