Tuesday, September 22, 2009

To Facebook or Not to Facebook?

I don't get it. I don't understand the craze. Are we just all a bunch of cyber stalkers or do we really care about that person that we haven't seen or talked to in 15 years who wants to be our friend now? And do they really want to be my friend or do they just want a glimpse into my life through photographs and an occasional post about taking my girls to the park? Oh, that's right, it's all about networking. But, seriously, how much "networking" really goes on? So, what do you think? Are we cyber stalkers or networking?

2 comments:

Rachel Bardwell said...

Personally I am anti-Facebook. I've decided I don't need one more reason to spend time on the computer (I can't even keep up with email and my blog). One of my friends calls it "Crackbook." :)

AND - down with all the "facebook evangelists" out there! If you think facebook is great, fine for you. But stop pressuring me to join. I won't. And I'm really stubborn. If you want to know about my life, call, email, visit, or check the blog. That should give you more than enough info.

Jennifer said...

I totally get what you gals are saying. I have had a love/hate relationship with Facebook for quite some time now. It really is kind of ridiculous...I am always complaining that people just aren't personal anymore...but there I am sucked into the same thing. There are so many other worthwhile things I could be investing my time in.