Friday, September 4, 2009

My thoughts for the day!

I was reminded today (thanks for your post Deb!) of how fast my baby is turning into a little girl, and not just a little girl, but a girl with her own thoughts, feelings, and ideas. I sometimes get stressed about her still sucking her thumb, if she will ever be able to distinguish between blue and yellow, if she will ever eat without making a huge mess, first time obedience - what's that?, will she ever let me do her hair without complaining, is she ever going to eat her vegetables without a reward, am I spending enough time reading to her, am I being a good example to her, and the list goes on and on.

In reality, she's my baby (do you ever stop thinking of them that way?). I don't have many years left of true innocence, of being the most important person in her life, of snuggles in the morning, or just one more hug and kiss at night, of endless giggles for no apparent reason. She's growing up and I don't want to miss this precious time because I'm so worried about her hitting milestones that really don't mean much. God gave us this beautiful, precious gift we named Paige because we were the perfect match for her. I am the perfect mommy for Paige and Alaina. God didn't make a mistake, even though, most days I think someone else surely could do this better than I do.

I am trying my best to raise my girls right. Am I making mistakes? Ummm . . .YES! Probably everyday, but I am trying to learn from them. Thankfully, I am surrounded by wonderful mommy's who teach me a lot about grace and patience. Right now, I want to forget about that checklist of things Paige can't or doesn't do, and focus on Paige and her unique spirit.

1 comment:

jamie said...

really good melanie! i've been having those SAME thoughts lately! it's helping me enjoy anna even in the middle of the night crying :)