Friday, May 8, 2009

A Lesson Learned. . .

So I needed to quick print a page from the computer and we were going to leave again. Alaina was asleep and Paige was reading a book. No big deal, right?! The van was parked in our garage and I told Paige I would be right back. I told her she needed to stay in her seat with the seat belt buckled and not to touch Alaina. I came out 5 minutes later to this!
Paige had indeed left her seat, found some nail polish, and painted Alaina. (And I had no nail polish remover in the house.) This looks minor compared to what I found as I was cleaning it up. It was on Paige's car seat, our car seat, her clothes, Alaina's clothes, all over their hands, and that is a spot on Alaina's forehead. So the lesson learned is. . .Paige is not to be trusted. The girl is totally driving me crazy. She canNOT obey. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't blatant. I need some serious help. I do NOT know what to do with this child of mine. I guess I have to keep her in my sight 24/7. I can't seem to find a punishment that gets through to her. I would love some advice, encouragement, or just plain empathy.


4 comments:

MillerFam said...

Oh the sorrows. I do have to admit that I laughed as I read this. I wish I knew what to do, but what can I say?

Alicia said...

Just know that you are not alone! We just spent $300 getting pennies removed from the DVD player in our van :) You would have thought we learned the first time, but no... we didn't (2nd child, 2nd time).

Prachar family said...

Well, you have my empathy, because I still haven't found anything to make my kids obey all the time! They still choose to disobey and will until they have no more sin nature. My advice is take a deep breath and try not to say anything you will regret! She will outgrow this!

sweetander said...

No advice...just empathy:) Don't you love the terrible 3's!!