Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Sleepovers

One thing I would go back and do different, is to never start letting my girls attend sleepovers.  It isn't something I thought too much about, to be frank.  I had fun at them as a kid.  It started out harmless with families that we know well and trust, but then, there are girls at those sleepovers who ask, and pretty soon, I wish I had never said yes to any of them.  So far it has been fine We are learning as we go and talking about what to do if certain situations would ever come up.  So if you have littles and sleepovers haven't started yet, think it through.  Here's what I would change.  I would let them go, but pick them up at 10pm instead of having them stay all night.  They would get to be there for all the fun, but then come home for a good nights sleep.  I would do this across the board, no matter who it is.  Yes, I am the parent, and I won't always say yes to sleepovers if I'm uncomfortable.  I just wanted to put it out there, that I would do it different from the start next time.

No comments: