Thursday, January 17, 2013

On our way to the land of no pull ups!

It has been a LONG time coming.  So I was never in a hurry to potty train the girls.  I knew early on that it was something we wouldn't tackle until they were 3.  And we didn't.  They were well past three before they were trained and that was just fine.

They could take themselves, wipe themselves, and we were done with it in like 3 days.  I didn't want to have to sit in the bathroom with them for hours.  It's just not my thing.  And after those 3 days, WE.WERE.DONE!  No accidents, just potty trained bliss.  I hate to say it, but it really was relatively easy.

Except for at night....

My girls just never got it.  They were NEVER EVER dry in the morning.  Like EVER!  So thanks to some dear friends, who also had a child with this problem, we were able to borrow an alarm.

So we started with Paige this past fall.  Basically you clip a sensor to their underwear and it alarms as soon as any moisture is detected.  (Even if they are just hot and sweat a little.)  It worked better than I could have imagined.  My child, who had NEVER been dry in the morning, was wearing undies to bed without the alarm after 2 weeks.  And the best part.....she hasn't had an accident one time since then.

We are now on day 5 with Alaina, and she actually woke me up at 1:30 last night to go potty.  YAY!!!!        The alarm had gone off at 1:30 the past 3 nights.  So this is HUGE!  I am seeing the light.  She couldn't just take herself because of the alarm, but hey, I don't mind getting woken up for that!  And she was SOOO proud of herself this morning.

No comments: