Thursday, April 5, 2012

Happy 4th Birthday Alaina!


Oh sweet baby girl....I can NOT believe you are 4 today!  I really do love you "too much".  It just doesn't seem right and I would freeze you this age if I could.  You are my "Sparky", my joy in the day to day.  You want to grow up way too fast and refuse to stay my baby.  All year you have been telling people you are 5.  I suppose turning 4 is a big disappointment today. :)

You are my music lover and often start dancing when you hear music being played.  I love that you break out into song throughout the day.  Your current favorites are Red Solo Cup, Barbie Girl, and Who let the Dogs Out.  (She heard the last two at a skating party a couple weeks ago and they stuck.)  You also make up random songs which just crack me up.

You have the BEST facial expressions and run to the beat of your own drum.  You can often be found playing with your babies...(all still named Baby Jesus), or getting into something I've told you not to get into.  Your favorite activities include riding your bike, playing at the park, going to the Children's Museum, visiting friends, and playing with your sister.

You are ALWAYS hungry or stirsty.  I'm thinking its more lack of something you want to do, than actual hunger.  Your favorite foods are brocolli, yes brocolli, macaroni and cheese, sandwich and fries from any fast food restaurant, and you chose Texas Roadhouse as your birthday meal of choice tonight.  Your favorite beverages are water, juice, lemonade, and milk (in that order!).

You love your friends and prefer to lead, rather than follow.  You have a confidence beyond your years and really need a good explanation before you heed orders or advice.   Paige has become one of your very best friends and it warms my heart to see you play so well together.

Lainey, you are baby girl and no matter how old you get, that won't change.  I am proud of you and the creative leader you are becoming.  God is going to take you places and you are going to bless others.  I love you too much!

No comments: