Friday, June 24, 2011

A girl and her bike.

Paige learned to ride her bike "on 2 wheels" last week. We are so proud of her and she is SOOOO EXCITED! She has been wanting to, but when we took the training wheels off a few weeks ago it didn't seem that she was at all ready. So she asked again and we thought that maybe if we used Alaina's bike she would be more comfortable as she would be closer to the ground. We started out on the sidewalk, but she (and by she, I mean me)was too afraid to have me let go. (I just knew that she would get all skinned up.) So we took her and the bike into the park behind our house and practiced in the grass. That night she could go about 10 yards by herself. The next afternoon her and I went back out and worked on the sidewalk. Since she had gotten a feel for it and we both were more comfortable there. Within a half hour she had it. Here are a couple videos of her maiden voyages. Until I was taking the first video, I didn't know she could start herself.







Of course now she is riding her own big bike, starting by herself, and stopping using the brakes.  It is so fun to watch her go and know that this is something she will never forget how to do.  My girls are growing up.  It is so bitter sweet!


No comments: