Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My cousin is a Top Chef!

I don't love to cook.  My dad was the cook in my house growing up, so naturally, I thought it was the man's job to cook.  Wrong!  I love my husband and he can cook up a mean cream chipped beef on toast, but he's not my dad who has always taken pleasure in coming up with culinary delights.  I enjoy food. . .A LOT and wish I had the time/love/money to really create delicious, healthy food for my family.  I try, but a lot of times it just "fills the gut". 

I really enjoy cooking shows.  They amaze me.  My favorite is Top Chef on Bravo. I love it not just for the cooking aspect, but the competition, and because I have a special interest in one of the cheftestants.  My first cousin on my dad's side was runner-up in Season Two. . .Marcel Vigneron.  Not that I know a lot about him, I haven't seen him since he was like 7, but he's still family.  It has been fun getting small, made-for-tv glimpses into who he is and what he does.  I would love, love, LOVE to taste his food, but alas, I don't live in LA, nor have I ever been there.  He is currently participating on Top Chef All Stars, so tune in on Wednesday nights at 9pm CST and cheer him on.  To read his bio go here.



photo Courtesy of Bravotv.

1 comment:

Kim said...

That is really cool! My dad loved to cook too...with some encouraging, Lucas has found a few things that are his (pizza, pancakes..), and I make sure they get on the menu weekly!