Friday, December 3, 2010

Alaina said it!

I know I'm super behind on my blogging.  I think I have about 5 catch up posts in the works. . .stay tuned.  But I wanted to get this on here before I forgot.  Alaina makes me chuckle.  I know I need to be careful what I say and what she hears because she really does take everything in.

Yesterday Paige had an appointment downtown.  As we were walking towards the building Alaina saw a bunch of birds flying over the building.

A:  "Birdies, look, birdies, flying."
M:  "Yes honey I see them."
A:  "Paigey, birdies, look, see birdies?"
P:  "I see them."
A:  "It awesome!"

Really, I had no idea she knew that word.  It's not a word we use, but oh so cute coming from my 2 year old describing flying birds.

Then today, after she went potty on the potty.  Yeah for that, it's been a long week, but more on that in another post.  So I asked her if she wanted to call Daddy to tell him.  She did, but in the meantime put our couch's arm rest cover over her head and walked into the doorknob because she couldn't see.  So she was crying.  I was trying to distract her and asked if she wanted to call Daddy to tell him she went potty and her reply was. . .

"No, I'm so mad!"

I had to smile, poor thing was upset with herself for getting hurt.  I love this girl!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh Mel, that is so funny! I love Alaina - she's got so much spunk!

russue said...

So cute!! Papa and I had to smile about the I'm so mad part. She is a special child! We love you all, Nana & Papa