Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Another Right Of Passage?

I thought I had this one covered.  I know most families experience this, but I thought we could be the exception.  We've talked many time about how only mommy's can cut hair or we go the the salon to get our hair cut.  I thought she understood.  I was WRONG!  Today during quiet time, Paige was quietly cutting her hair.  I cried when I saw it.  Then she cried.  I don't know if she was embarrassed, or if she thought she did a good job and I hurt her feelings.  Either way, it was not a good few minutes for us.  We had been growing her bangs out and they had just gotten to about the length as the rest of her hair. It was so cute.  I called Natasha to see if she knew if her sister, who cuts my hair, was working this evening.  No, she was not.  As I was starting to panic, I remembered my cousin Wendy could fix this.  So I called and pleaded for her help.  She was super great and said to come right over.  (Of course, after I showered, because I had painted most of the day.)
You can see that she was pretty upset, so we didn't push the pictures on her.  You can't see the other side of her head which is cut all the way to her ear and at the length just above her ear.
Here is the after.  Wendy did a fabulous job of blending the chopped hair with the rest.  The bangs are still very short, but when swept to the side, she can pull it off.  I didn't know if we would be able to get a cut that didn't make her look like a boy or like she had a mullet.  Thanks Wendy, for helping me keep my little girl.  I'm going to have to really put some effort into doing her hair everyday for a few months, but I think this is the best outcome I could have asked for.  I only pray. . .It doesn't happen again!

7 comments:

K8Ahlers said...

Oh no! I know it happens to every little girl at some point in their life, but it's still so tragic every time :( I would have totally cried... I teared up when I read your post. The haircut looks great though, now to hide those scissors!

Anonymous said...

I think you look fabulous Paige! Hair grows about a half inch a month so it won't be long and we'll hardly remember what happened. Love you bunches, Nana

Miss Mommy said...

She looks so sassy!! Love it, tho I am sorry for the trauma...I am just waiting for that fateful day.

Kim said...

If it makes you feel any better, I once got a similar haircut from a professional and had to call in a friend to fix it...I can't think of any moms I know who got out of having at least 1 kid try this. I will probably cry when my day comes too! Wendy did an great job, and it looks cute!

jamie said...

it looks really cute!

Prachar family said...

totally feeling your pain! I have to say that the hair cut looks really cute though, Wendy did an amazing job! I think Paige looks like she likes it too!

Jessi said...

Oh my, but she did a great job fixing it, it looks adorable.