Thursday, August 26, 2010

Poor Baby!

Last night when Mark when in to calm Paige during a Terror, Alaina was standing in her crib telling him, "Ear hurt!" and rubbing her right ear.  He called me up to help her, so I gave her some ibuprofin and otis drops.  This is the first time we had ever heard Alaina talk about anything hurting, let alone, telling us specifically that her ear hurt.  So I took her to the Dr. this morning and sure enough, the poor girl has double ear infection.  She doesn't have fever and is sleeping and eating, so after talking with the Dr. we decided to just try to treat the paid with ibuprofin and tylenol, and try to hold off on prescription meds.  He did write me out a script in case she does start running fever or if her pain/symptoms become worse.  My poor baby is handling it better than I would.  She is cranky and wants me to hold her all the time, but I would rather let it run its course than give her meds that may or may not help.  The Dr. said that at her age a lot of times ear infections will last a few days and clear up on their own.  I'm praying this is true.

1 comment:

Derricca said...

Poor girl. Abigail gets those too. I had one a couple of years ago, so I know how painful they are! Funny thing is, I think kids handle it better!