Thursday, August 19, 2010

A much needed trip. . .

to City Park!  We went with friends to the park this week.  It was such a beautiful day and I think we all needed to see our friends.  Warning: there are LOTS of pics.  I just couldn't disclude any.
Emily, Abby, Paige, Austin, Cameron, and Aubrey
There is a story to the next sequence of pics.  I was trying to get a picture of Alaina at the top of the slide.  I know she doesn't like tube slides, so I wasn't expecting her to come down.
Well, the nice lady, whom you see behind Alaina, thought she needed help.  So she grabbed Alaina, put her one the slide, and sent her down.  Seems innocent enough.
You can see the face here is starting to think she maybe didn't want to go down the slide.
Then she throws this big tantrum in the grass because going down the slide wasn't her idea.
Still upset, but walking back to the playground.
Now playing, but noticeably still upset by the whole thing.  Crazy girl!
Cameron, Paige, and Austin had fun running up the ramp. .  .
and down the slide!
We keep old bread and the butts of the loaves in the freezer to feed the ducks a couple times a year.  Alaina really got into as you can see by the video below.




Then, it was off to the rides.  Alaina and Zach had so much fun together.
Paige and Hannah
I just love their expressions!

Alaina HAD to ride on the doggie!
Paige and Ellie pretty chill.
Ready to ride!
I love that these two are so animated about life and get so much joy from things.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I love all the pictures and am so glad you didn't leave any out. Your park looks AMAZING! DO they have those rides there all year round? Or was there a carnival in town?

sweetander said...

I LOVE the last two pictures of Zach and Alaina!!