Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Unexpected Guests!

On Friday morning my Dad called me.   He, my mom (it was her birthday), and my sister were supposed to spend the weekend with my brother James, his wife Jenna, and their baby Olivia.  Well, it turns out James had been sick all week (but was better), Olivia had a cold, and Jenna was sick.  So going to their house for the weekend was in question.  So my parents decided they would like to come to our house, which is only an hour from my brother, in hopes of at least seeing Olivia for a few hours over the weekend. 

So my parents and sister came Friday night and James decided to just bring Olivia up on Saturday to be with us and let Jenna rest at home.  He stayed over Saturday night, too, Olivia's first night away from Mommy.  It went well.  I got up in the night with James to help with Olivia.  I know how it is to be up in the night with a crying baby and just wanting to know you have help.  It took me back and I'm definitely thankful my girls sleep now.  So we ended up with a houseful for the weekend, but it was fun, and we still got to do everything we had wanted to do. . .which wasn't much. 
Papa decided to buy the girls a Slip-n-Slide.  He, Aunt Amber, and Uncle James spent a lot of Saturday afternoon playing with the girls in the water.
Nana spent the afternoon giving James a break and taking care of Olivia.  (I don't think she minded!)  By the way, Paige still wants to keep her!
Off to the races . . .the girls thought this was hilarious.  I was a little nervous they would slip with the girls, but they didn't!
It is hard to see in the picture, but Olivia sucks the same two fingers Nana, Aunt Amber, myself, and Alaina sucked.
Getting tickles from Papa!
Little Miss Spunk decided she hadn't had enough of the water and wanted to go back in.  That is her stubborn, I'm going to do it anyway face!
Paige's favorite pasttime. . .playing chase!  Thank God Uncle James was willing!
Sweet Girls!
Little stinker still playing in the water. . .she was drenched by bedtime!
But you gotta love that face!
Paige had her 1st smore at the campfire Saturday night.
She ended up just eating the chocolate out.
Before Uncle James went home, Nana read all the girls a story!  Thanks for the great weekend everyone!

No comments: