Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer Swim Lessons!

This is the 3rd round of private swim lessons for Paige and 2nd round for Alaina.  The girls love it and have learned so much.  It is so exciting to see Paige voluntarily try to swim with her head in the water, when 6 months ago she was like a monkey and wouldn't leave Amy's (her teacher) arms.  I feel like swimming is a life skill that kids have to have.  I want my girls to be confident in the water and they are quickly learning.
Paige learning to float.  She is a very cautious kid and is nervous about trying new things.  I'm sure when she figures it out, she will have it for life.
Alaina patiently, or not so patiently awaiting her lesson.  (Don't mind the drool or crusty nose!)

Alaina get sooooo excited!
Here is Alaina going under.  (Sorry about this pic Amy:) )
After their lesson they get to sit in the hot tub.  I think I may have to join them on Friday!
Paige distracting Alaina.  I love that the girls are friends.

1 comment:

Kim said...

If I'm doing my math right, you started them in swim lessons when they were 1? Where did you find the classes? Since we live on a lake, I definitely want them to learn to swim, but I'm not sure where to go for lessons!