Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Alaina!


Happy 2nd Birthday Alaina Kate!  You are an amazing gift from God and you bless our family every day.  I can't believe that you are growing up so fast.  I still see you as my baby.  You have words for almost everything, and are starting to put a lot of words together.  You moo for every animal except a kitty, where you so cutely say "Neow" high pitched.  You still suck those two middle fingers and play with your belly button at the same time when you are tired or lack something to do. Fries and chich (chips) are your favorite things to eat and sweets aren't your favorite. 

Alaina, my dear, you are STUBBORN!  I find you naked every morning in your crib and you insist on dressing yourself.  You do a pretty good job of it, too, but do ask for help eventually when you need it.  Ok, to be honest, you like to do EVERYTHING yourself.  Mommy  and Daddy are going to try their best to help you use your stubbornness and independence for the glory of God. It is not a bad trait to have, and you are learning to ask for help when you need it. 

Whenever you are insecure about something you want to hold my hand or Daddy's.  It must be a comfort to you and it is to me, too.  I love it!

You LOVE to be outside.  Every morning you jump into my arms and say, "Go, Go" and try to get me to take you outside.  You love to Junch (jump) and go down the slides at the park.

You are a steller sleeper.  Bedtime is between 7:30 and 8pm and you are content in your bed until I come get you around 8:30 or 9am.  Plus you take a 2 hour nap every afternoon.  Bless your sleepy soul. 

Alaina, we love you more than we can ever express.  You delight us and fill our house with joy.  We are looking forward to watching you grow into beautiful little girl.

1 comment:

Becky Bartlett said...

I found your blog! Can't believe how big your girls are... WOW! They are precious. Their Easter dresses were adorable! :)