Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How do your kids watch TV?


Yes, they do this on their own.  I did have to lift Lainey onto her chair, but she insisted it be up beside Paige.

How does a person break their children from a finger/thumb sucking habit.  I just can NOT figure it out.  Paige had quit for 2 months and is back to sucking her thumb.  She just sucks off whatever we put on it.  We've tried bandaids, tape, Mavala Stop. . .nothing seems to work.  I'm not too concerned right now, maybe next month.

3 comments:

Rachel Bardwell said...

I was a thumb sucker when I was little. My parents tried EVERYTHING to make me stop. Nothing worked. I was determined to do it and so I did! Eventually I gave it up on my own; I think maybe at age 4-5? Mom admits now that she wishes she would have not stressed about it and let it run its course.

PS: I needed braces, but it had nothing to do with my thumb sucking. :)

PSS: LOVE the chairs up on the couch!!

Kim said...

Where did you get Alaina's chair? I'm looking for some for the twins, and really want some sort of beanbag chair, but haven't been able to find any I like online...

Unknown said...

I sucked my thumb when I was little. My parents tried everything, nothing worked. I finally stopped, but every night in my sleep I would still do it (unintentionally), so the dentist put prongs in to make me stop. Also, I did end up having braces.