Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas with Nana and Papa!


We all got together at James and Jenna's this year.  They are expecting their first baby and didn't want to travel.  I don't blame them, but having 9 adults, 2 kids, 6 dogs, and a partridge in a pear tree, at their house couldn't have been all that relaxing.  They seemed super laid back about it and it was nice for us to only have to travel a little over an hour.  We usually are home for Christmas morning and travel in the afternoon, but with the winter storm coming we ended up going on Christmas eve, just to be safe.  They ended up getting around 8 inches of snow the day after Christmas, when we took this picture.  They had no snow when we got there 2 days before.  Thanks for hosting James and Jenna.

We decided to do pictures without the dogs this year.  The most memorable dog incident had to be Casey peeing on James and Jenna's white comforter on their bed.  We were SOOOOO mad.  I don't know why she does it, she never pees in the house on the floor.  I don't even know the last time she has peed anywhere but outside.  It has been years.  She has now peed on our bed, my parents bed, and James and Jenna's bed.  Who's next?


Lainey and Paige with their Auntie and Unkie!  Gotta love their expressions!

The girls were Papa's elves and helped him unwrap Rum Cake from Tortuga.  It was delicious!!!!

Lainey with her new Mickey Mouse Clubhouse blanket.  Hot Dog!

Paige with her Piano book.  Paige and Alaina opening their new art easel. 

Loving their new GIANT remotes!  I guess we won't lose that one!

Showing off their new Jump-o-lene.  More pics to come!

I had to add this picture because Alaina could not open presents if there was paper on the floor.  She went around picking it all up.  She couldn't let even the smallest scraps go unnoticed.  I will definitely work to keep this trait alive. 

Loving her new Sound of Music Lamb puppet.  It sings the yodeling song.  I love it!

"Thanks Aunt Amber for the lamb."

I think she should be on the commercial for Smuckers.  Yummy!

Working so well together. 

I know Paige will hate this picture in the future, but it cracks me up.  I'm not sure what she is doing.

Nice blue tongue.  Definitely taking after Mommy with the cotton candy.  We all love it.

These next pics are of the girls in their new Jump-o-lene.  I would have loved one of these as a kid.

It is huge . . .84 in. diameter! 


Paigey coloring at her easel while everyone else plays games and eats!  It's what we do next.

Alaina loving on Lucky and hitching a ride with Papa.

Our funny pic.  My fav is the snowflake on my mom's nose.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I LOVE the family pic...but it's a little strange to see you all as grown ups. It doesn't seem like it's been that long since we were all running around and playing at family reunions! Also, I love the jumpolene thing. We will definitely need something like that for Ryan someday!