Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving!

Mark was on call this year for Thanksgiving, so we spent the time at home.  My parents came for a few days to celebrate with us.  We spend every other Thanksgiving and Christmas alternating between Mark's and my family.  This was our year to have Thanksgiving with Mark's parents, but with his brother just having a new baby, and Mark being on call, we celebrated with them last weekend.  And since all my married siblings were with their in-laws, my parents would have been alone, so they joined us with my sister Amber.  It was relaxing and fun to have them here.  Alaina got an ear infection Thanksgiving day, so after a near sleepless night, we took her in on Friday and got her some meds.  Mark got up at 3:30am to hit a couple Black Friday sales.  He got what he wanted, so I think it was worth it.  We always say that we will get up if we will save hundreds, but it's just not worth saving a few bucks. 

Hmm. . . Do you think Paige likes Cool Whip?!


And you couldn't give Alaina Pumpkin Pie fast enough!

This started out as just Alaina diving into my arms from the table.  But it looked like so much fun that Paige came over and joined in.

I just have to remember these times when I have hard days.  It is so worth it.  These girls are precious and they won't stay this small forever. 

Nana and the girls!  Can you tell that Alaina had an ear infection?  The poor girl felt horrible.  We ended up taking her in on Friday.

Alaina isn't too sure of Papa's whiskers.


But she did like going for a ride in the basket.

Things I am thankful for this year. . .
1.  Being saved by grace!
2.  My husband who selflessly serves our family every day!
3.  Paige - who keeps me on my toes, yet is so sensitive.
4.  Alaina - her zeal for life and ambition to try new things.
5.  Our extended family and the blessings they are to us!
6.  New life - new cousins for our girls!
7. Freedom to live and worship how we choose!
8.  Friends - without which I would go crazy!  They keep me sane and never judge.
9.  Mark's job!
10.  God's provision for our family in all things!

No comments: