Thursday, October 1, 2009

I did it!

I officially registered for the Living History Farms off-road cross country race and boy do I have my work cut out for me.  I have to tell you. . .I am TERRIFIED!  It is a SEVEN mile course.  I'm not a runner and have pretty much thought that anyone does is crazy.  I mean, seriously, if no one is chasing me, what is the point?  Well, my point is this:  I need to get in shape and be healthy.  I need to start taking better care of my body.  And the only way that is going to happen, is to run.  So I'm doing it.  Starting tomorrow I am a runner  jog/walker.  (No, I didn't say dog walker.)  One day at a time, and I will let you know how it turns out!  Pray for me!  Oh, and please ask me how it's going.  The more people for me to be accountable to, the better!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Good luck girl!!! My neighbor is training for a marathon and shedding the pounds, and now you are doing it too! Maybe I should jump on the train!!!!!!!!! I will definitely check in on you!!! :-)

Derricca said...

yay! Good for you! :) That is the way to do it....to just do it!! That is what I am doing on Oct 24th. Running my first 5k. Now I HAVE to be ready. :) When is your race?

jamie said...

ok so you have to do the Human Race now- the one derricca is talking about. it'll be good training! it's free and there is free food at the end! :)

Prachar family said...

Oh, how I wish I could do this with you! I desperately need someone to run...errr...walk/jog with consistently! Paul is just gone too much lately!

Kim said...

So proud of you! I keep thinking it would be fun to train for a triathalon (couldn't run for forever, but swimming & biking might change things up and make it more fun?), but so far I haven't got off the couch!