Thursday, August 6, 2009

One of those days!

Yesterday was one of those days. The ones we all have and would like to forget. The ones where by 1pm you want to go to bed and not wake up until the next morning. The ones that leave you wanting to scream and throw in the towel. I could go on, but I will spare you.

Paige was in rare form yesterday. From the time she woke up, nothing seemed to go her way. She cried at swim lessons and didn't want to go. I had to give her the choice of going home and taking a nap or staying at her lesson. Of course, she chose the lesson. At lunch, she spilled her pink lemonade. . .on the carpet. Don't ask me why she left the table with it. I had to run upstairs for a minute and when I came down, pink lemonade dotted the carpet. Naptime, I could make it to naptime. I don't think Paige slept at all and chose instead to sneak into my bedroom and watch TV. Yes, she figured out how to turn on both the TV and the cable box. Good thing it was already on the Disney channel.

We went for a walk to pass the last hour before Daddy got home. I let her take her scooter, though I knew the walk would go at a snail's pace. She wanted to walk by her friends Hannah and Ellie's house. I obliged and even let her knock on the door. They didn't answer, but Ellie saw us through the window and came out a few minutes later. Hannah wanted to show her the catapiller they caught. So I let her go inside with Hannah, Ellie, and their mom, Emily. The next thing I knew Paige was storming (as well as a 3 year old storms) out of the house sobbing hysterically. She didn't get to touch the catapiller. Tragic, I know. No one gets to touch the catapiller, it is in a jar in their kitchen. There was no stopping the tears, we said goodbye and she sobbed all the way home, around 3-4 blocks. Screaming, "I want my daddy!" all the way. I prompty made her rest on the couch with a blanket and a show while I started supper. Alaina and her were in the basement, gated, with all their toys. What could go wrong?


Yes, this is what I found when I came down to check on them a few minutes later. Could I get a break already? I had chicken on the grill, rice on the stove and a 16 month old that had melted a single piece of chocolate all over herself and the carpet. Lovely! And did I mention that she was wearing a new white shirt that I took the tags off that morning? In the midst of washing her hand I decided I HAD to have a picture and in the process of getting the camera and staging her by the chocolate again, I accidently hit her on the back of the head with the camera. Which is why she is so upset in the pictures. So my poor husband came home to a frazzled wife, who had just taken the what I thought was done chicken off the grill, a diaper clad baby, and a loose canon of a toddler. . .and to top it all off, the chicken was NOT done. I bailed! I told Mark he was going to have to take over and I went up to our bedroom for a few minutes to recompose (or decompose as I would have liked at that point).
So Paige went to bed at 6:45 supperless (her choice, not ours), sobbing (again), and was asleep by 7pm. She didn't get up this morning until 7:30. The girl was so tired she just couldn't handle herself. Alaina went to bed at 7pm and I went took my book, blanket, pillow, and a bag of chips out to the hammock and read until the sun went down. It was just what I needed.

4 comments:

saras said...

Yeah, someone else had a bad day too. Unfortunately it has been a HORRIBLE week at work. Customers/consignors have been horribly mean and ridiculous. I just can't wait for this week to be over!!!!

Miss Mommy said...

Bless your heart. Seriously.

jamie said...

oh my word can i say i love you! i love it that i have those days too and so do you! that i AM NORMAL and so are you!
so one of the best parts that i would do is the chips, hammock, book thing.. seriously. when i was pregnant with anna i told andy after a long day- can i please just sit and eat chips. he took a pic of me.. i will send it to you!
love ya girl

Prachar family said...

Sorry to hear about your day, don't those days seem to stretch SSSOOOO long????? I promise you will look back and think it was all a blink! You may not even remember that day...except it lives forever on the web now...

How do they just know you took the tags off a very cute outfit that very day??? Who pulls them aside?? Does the chocolate just pull them unwillingly to it when they are wearing the new adorable outfit??? I hope I remember to ask these questions when I get to heaven!