Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Updates!

Paige Elizabeth:
Thanks to Nana and Aunt Amber we got a jump start on potty training. (Yes, again! We had started a month or so ago, then she got sick for like 10 days and we were back to square one.) Paige is wearing panties now, except for naps and at night. She is doing fabulously. She even took herself pooey yesterday. Yay!!!! We did have one accident yesterday, but it was during a time-out and I really do think it may have been punishment for me for disciplining her. I don't think we will go back to pull-ups during the day at all. I'm pretty sure it would confuse her now and we would regress. I say this because we were at a friend's house to play today and the first time I had Paige go to the bathroom she asked for a diaper. She didn't want to have to stop playing to go. Now we just have to work on her taking herself instead of being prompted. We'll see how that goes. I'm so proud of her!

Paige also has become a big help to me and loves to be my "Helper". She loves to help water the garden and the flowers, gets things for me and Alaina, clears the table, and really would do much more if it was safe and we allowed it. She really is growing up.

Alaina Kate:
Alaina is walking now 100% of the time. I think it is just adorable to watch her toddle around, especially when she walks around sucking her fingers and rubbing her belly button. She even has been eating with a spoon some. She gets it, but gets frustrated with it being slower and resorts to using her fingers.

I'm am truly enjoying my girls right now. They both are at great ages. It seems that Paige and I have worked through some of our issues, or maybe I worked through mine, so I have a different outlook on hers. The girls are really starting to play well together. I think now that Alaina walks, it is easier for Paige to see her as an equal, instead of all baby. It is fun to watch them develop into friends and laugh with each other. I love you baby girls!

No comments: