Thursday, June 25, 2009

Twice in One Day

I am scared, no TERRIFIED, of mice. They make me cry. Literally! I loathe their existence. I have told my husband on numerous occasions that if we have a mouse in the house, I'm not living here. And I don't say that flippantly.

So yesterday, I thought I would be kind and mow the lawn for Mark. I needed done before it rained again and I knew Mark was tired from being on call, and going in early to work. I started with the back yard, over by my garden. And there, between the garden and the park ran a tiny little mouse into a little hole by my garden. I froze. Do I keep mowing, as the mouse ran where I had yet to mow, or do I quit? Isn't it the thought that counts. As I was deep breathing, I decided that I could do this, and kept going. I didn't see said mouse again, but thought I deserved some serious bonus points for my work.

Fast forward a few hours, we put the girls to bed and decided to enjoy sitting on the deck. I happened to look over where our air conditioner is attached to the house and see another, noticeably bigger, mouse run under the deck where we were sitting. I have not seen a mouse on our property in 5 years. I could have gone 50! So we are now going out to buy traps, poison, and whatever else I find on the shelf that will destroy our infestation. God help us if one gets in. Please pray for me, or better yet, Mark!

1 comment:

Rachel Bardwell said...

Funny - as I type, Kedron is assembling mouse traps to put in our storage shed. We just saw at least 2 mice (I scared Micah by my screams). Now I won't go in there until I'm SURE they're gone. Getting the fertilizer for the plants will just have to wait until it's safe!