Monday, June 22, 2009

Monsoon?

On Friday, there was a brief period that seemed like a monsoon was rolling through town. I looked outside and the wind was just incredible and the rain was almost blinding. After it settled down, I looked out the window and we had ourselves a pond in the back yard. It NEVER does this when it rains. The drain just couldn't keep up.

We later went out to find our tree was almost completely bent over, some of my vegetables in the garden were sideways, the chairs from our front porch had "jumped" the railing and were in our front yard. It was crazy! Of course I didn't think to take pics of those things. It was still raining when I took these.
Paige had fun watching from her new perch.

2 comments:

Prachar family said...

That rain was CRAZY! Sounds like you might have had some straight line winds as well!

Jen Essington said...

Melanie - we had the same situation in our backyard...like you said...it never happens. Love the last pic of Paige :)