Monday, June 1, 2009

Love is. . .

patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. I Cor. 13:4-7

I feel like I got hit between the eyes yesterday at church. I have been having trouble with Paige. The girl seriously makes me angry, like 10 hours a day. She can NOT obey! When I ask her to do something, her reply is, "Just a minute" or she takes the long way around stopping to do other things first. My reaction is to yell. This gets her to obey faster. I just can't understand why she would resort to me getting angry before obeying.

So, Pastor Brooks brought to my attention yesterday that my anger isn't a Paige issue, it's a me issue. He said, "You can't live the Word until the Word is in you". Love is not easily angered. I love Paige immensely, so why am I so easily angered with her all the time? I'm not living the Word. I'm living for my self and my own selfish desires. Paige isn't obeying in my time, the way that I want her to, so I can accomplish my agenda. Don't get me wrong, Paige needs to learn to obey, that is still a problem, but I'm learning that how I react to her isn't teaching her how to live out God's Word.

What I want most for my children is to grow up as wise, God-fearing, messengers of Truth, who live out their faith daily. And I know the best way to for them to do this, is to see it modeled before them. Right now, I'm not a good example of this, and my prayer is to become a woman/mother that radiates God's love, not selfish anger.

2 comments:

Jen Essington said...

Amen to that!
Believe me, I am in the same boat with you right now...just quick, quick, quick to anger. I hope you are doing well today :)

sweetander said...

I never thought I had anger issues until I had kids! I'm right there with you -- we can hold each other accountable!