Saturday, June 13, 2009

Cloth Diapers???

Call me crazy, but for a while now I've been wanting to switch to cloth diapers. For several reasons, the top two being the savings on buying disposable, and also I don't love the chemicals that are in disposable that sit against my child's bum 24 hours a day. I've been looking and asking around for which cloth diapers people like and why. Overwhelmingly, Fuzzi Bunz, seem to get the best reviews. But can I tell you that to buy them new is like $16 or more a diaper. I just didn't think I wanted to invest that much, especially since Alaina is probably our last baby.
Well, today I had no more excuses. I went to a garags sale just a few houses down from my own. There, I spied a whole crate of Fuzzi Bunz covers and a whole crate of inserts. I thought they were probably asking way more than I was willing to spend, but thought I would ask anyway. Well, the husband was the only one outside and he said they wanted to sell them as a set for. . ."I better go ask my wife, maybe $10"!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me?! She came out with him, then and said, "Oh, I don't know $25?" I asked if they would take $20, they said yes, and I am now the proud owner of 14 size small, 18 size medium, and 9 size large Fuzzi Bunz covers and lots of inserts. This has to be the best deal EVER. It cost me less than the price of a box of disposables. So sorry honey, we are entering the world of cloth diapers. Any supporters out there?

2 comments:

MillerFam said...

I recently read that over the life of your child's diaper wearing days, you only spend $200-$300 more for disposable than for cloth. Sorry, I'm willing to spend the extra and stick with the disposables!

Mandy said...

As you know we are using cloth, and I can tell the difference financially.