Friday, June 19, 2009

Ear Infection Round ????

Here we go again. Alaina has ANOTHER double ear infection. She spiked a fever yesterday afternoon, so I ran her into the after hours clinic. I'm not so fond of that place. I was the only one in there and we waited 30 minutes in the waiting room and another 20 in the exam room. Ridiculous! Only to be told by a PA that Alaina's ears were pink, but not infected, and that she probably has a virus. Thanks! Thanks a lot!

She just got done taking meds for a double ear infection a week and a half ago. I know I should have had her rechecked, but she seemed to be fine and med that she took was a pretty strong one, so thought we were fine.

She woke in the night with 102 and climbing fever, so I knew I needed to take her to her Pediatrician this morning. She also has a bad yeast rash on her bottom, which she always gets with ear infection. So I made an appt with the Dr. who saw her the last time (3-4 weeks ago). He checked her ears and throat and told me her ears look pretty nasty and are full of fluid. GREAT! He also had to clean a bunch of wax out of the left one, which was the worst, to see it. So pretty much the PA from last night didn't have a clue. I know that ears can be checked and found normal, only to have them be infected a few hours later, but seriously, he wouldn't have even been able to see in the left ear.

So, the plan is another round of Omnicef, recheck in 3 weeks, and depending on how they look, we may be refered to an ENT Dr. to talk about tubes. Poor baby, she still plays, and smiles, and eats, and sleeps. She really only looks sick when you look at her eyes. Please pray she grows out of this soon and we won't have to go to tubes.

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

Oh, sorry to hear this! I pray she is feeling better and SOON outgrows this!