Monday, May 18, 2009

Trip to Kansas

We decided to go to Kansas after all. The girls did a great job travelling the 8+ hours it took us to get there. We were all ready to get out of the van. This carriage was my Grandma's when she was a little girl. She told stories of my Dad pushing my Aunt around the farm in it when they were little. I remember playing with it when I was a kid. I just love family history.
Just all hanging out.
Paige ADORES her Great Grandma and really enjoys listening to stories.
Great Grandma gives the BEST backrubs.
My crazy girl getting a foot massage from her Great Grandma.
Paige talking to her Great Uncle Bob.
Alaina and Great Grandma Vigneron
Alaina thought she was big stuff crawling up on the stool. Her Great Aunt Nancy Riley is in the chair behind her.
Here is Paige "hiding" behind her Great Aunt Lu Laswell. My cousin Corey was "looking" for her. He was so good with her.
Paige playing with the new graduate, my cousin Aaron Laswell.
Paige had a great time playing with my cousin Corey. He was so kind to her. It was so fun for me to watch them playing together. Whenever my cousins weren't around, Paige would ask, "where'd the uncles go?" They are around the same ages as my brothers, so I she thought they must be uncles, too.
Here we are doing what we do best. . .sitting around chatting. From bottom Left: Aunt Nancy Riley, Stacey Riley, Grandma Vigneron, my Mom (Nana), Aunt Lu Laswell, Aaron Laswell, Uncle Bob Laswell, and Cameron Laswell.
Alaina with my cousin Stacey Riley.
Me and the girls with their Great Grandma. If I look a little worse for wear it's because I got around 2 hours of sleep the night before. We were at breakfast in the hotel right before we were going to head home. Alaina refused to sleep anywhere, but laying on top of me. You just don't really get any sleep that way. She would scream if I tried to put her back in the pack-n-play, tried to lay her on the bed beside me, if my mom would try to take her. She didn't want to eat or drink. It was just miserable. I couldn't decide if she just didn't feel good, or if she had gotten an ear infection on top of it. As her mom, I just had no idea what to do. And I was ready for her to be home in her own bed.
Four Generations: Me, Alaina, my Grandma, Paige, and my Dad
The trip home went well. Alaina slept a lot of it. Hmm, I wonder why. We were ready to be home. I'm still not sure if she really did have Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. I never saw any more blisters in her mouth and she didn't get any on her hands or feet. But I prayed that she wouldn't, so I should probably thank God for answered prayer and leave it alone. I had a good time, minus during the nights. It was so good to see everyone. Congratulations on graduating Aaron! I'm so glad that I got to be there. We hope to see everyone again soon. I love you all!

No comments: