Thursday, May 7, 2009

Paige's Birthday Party

Emily and I had a joint birthday party for Paige and Ellie's 3rd birthdays. We thought it would be less crazy to have a drop off party. It was my first. There were 8 kids there (not counting Zach and Alaina) and it went really fast and very smooth. I think Alaina was the toughest, she screamed through lunch. It was aweful. I think the kids had fun!
We had them paint flower pots and then planted flowers in them to take home.
Paige with her almost completed flower pot.
Paige and Ellie were the last two standing. They made sure their pots were completely covered in paint. One thing I will pass along. It was nice that we had them paint with washable paint, but as I found out later that evening, it doesn't stick to the pot and stay dry. We set ours on the shelf above the sink and it the paint started bubbling from the humidity. I'm not sure what I'll do with it. We may have to start over. Sorry to all those moms out there with messy pots.
Here are the finished pots.
Clockwise from bottom Left: Austin Anderson, Cameron Miller, Amelia Reed, Ellie Isaacson, Lindsay Jordan, Paige, Hannah Isaacson, and Ashlyn Pitcher enjoying their cupcakes. They got to frost their own, very exciting.
Paige and Ellie opening their gifts. Thanks Cameron and Aubrey for the Skip Jumper. (Ok, so I don't know what it's called.)
More presents.
Mommy wants to send an extra thanks out to Ashlyn and Austin for the the Potty Book. We need all the help we can get.
Paige learned to swim with a noodle in Florida, so she was very excited to get her very own swim noodle from Lindsay. Thanks Lindsay!!
The aftermath!

No comments: