Monday, April 13, 2009

"Uh Oh!"

Yesterday, at church, we kept Alaina in the service with us because she was tired and I thought maybe she would sleep. No dice! Shortly after the service started there were a couple baptisms. Alaina was just babbling, but getting pretty noisy, so I dug around the daiper bag and pulled out a couple small containers of play dough. I gave her the containers and she was content to play with them, until she dropped one. She leaned over my lap and said, "Uh Oh, uh uh oh." Mark and I were chuckling. She kept looking for it (it had rolled up a couple rows) and proclaiming, "Uh Oh!" She had just started using this phrase this last week. I wasn't sure she really knew what she was saying. Yesterday, before church, when I was getting her dressed, she dropped the hanger she was playing with and plain as day said, "Uh oh!" We really did think it was a fluke at that point. Not now, she definitely uses it in context. And it is way cute!

No comments: