Saturday, March 28, 2009

Tonsillitis

Just to update, Paige was no better on Friday. I called her pediatrician who wanted me to keep doing what I was doing (rotating Tylenol and Motrin) and if she still had fever on Monday to bring her in. She said that I could bring her in, but the problem was that I was in FD. Fortunately, my mom had an appointment with an ENT Dr. that our family has gone to forever, so they worked Paige in. It took him like 2 seconds to know that Paige has tonsillitis. He put her on Augmentin and Tylenol with Codeine to help with her cough. He thought she would be a new kid in 2-3 days. Yeah!!! The codeine made me a little nervous as both my mom and I get upset stomachs when taking it. Paige did throw up this morning, so we are stopping the codeine and just giving her the Augmentin. I pray this helps and she will get her appetite back. It was a very hard week and it will be nice to have healthy Paige back. Thanks for your prayers, so far Alaina and Mark are just fine. I am feeling better, too, not 100%, but much better.

No comments: