Monday, March 2, 2009

Ready or Not Potty Training Here We Come!

Call it selfish or call it smart, either way you look at it I was NOT going to potty train Paige until she was ready. I did not want to have to be running to the bathroom every 20 minutes and basically train myself to take my child to the bathroom. I was going to wait until Paige could tell me when she needed to go and basically take herself.

Well, that time came. Wednesday morning I was getting ready to give the girls a bath and before Paige got in she told me she needed to go potty. Now, this isn't a new thing. She has said this before and she has sat on the toilet, but had never actually gone. Until this day. I thought, well, she already has all her clothes off, the toilet is right here, I'll go ahead and let her sit on it. . . And she actually tinkled. I was so proud. We did the potty dance and made a huge deal of it. In my mind I'm thinking it's a fluke, but I'll go with it. After her bath before I put her daiper on she tells me again that she has to go potty. So I put her on the toilet. . .And she tinkled. I have to admit, I thought, "Are you serious? I was not going to even think about it until we got back from Florida." (which was a week away) That day she kept her daiper dry all morning and most of the evening. She even went #2.

So here we are, 5 days out, still doing great. She does have a few accidents and we are still doing pull-ups, but we are well on our way to having child #1 out of daipers. Way to go Paige, I'm so proud of you.

2 comments:

sweetander said...

Sooo exciting!! I've decided it's totally worth it to wait until they're ready. At this point Austin won't even sit on the potty for candy!!

Prachar family said...

WooHoo!