Monday, March 30, 2009

My baby's back!

Paigey came back to us today!!! The real Paigey. Not the fussy, sit on the couch and suck my thumb, I want to take a nap all day, Paigey. My baby's feeling MUCH better. The meds must have kicked in. I haven't seen her this "normal" for over a week. It really hurts my heart when when my kids don't feel good and this was a doozy. It lasted F O R E V E R! It is easy to be compassionate for the first few days when they are under the weather, but after 5 with no sign of relief, I was starting to wane(I'm not sure that's the right spelling).

I'm so happy to be able to leave the house this week. Paigey is on the verge of becoming a TV junkie. The girl likes her shows. She doesn't so much play with toys, never has. She prefers the company of friends or likes to be outside, which is fine, but. . . it's still cold outside. Maybe as Alaina gets older, she'll play more. I think we could pack up every toy we have in the house and it woudn't faze her. At Christmas time, we walked through Target and I wanted to get a feel for what she wanted for Christmas, so I told her to pick out any toy she wanted. We walked up and down every aisle and she didn't want a single thing. I would point out different things, "nope", she'd say. She just doesn't care about toys. I'm going to have to get creative with her. I'm so happy that you are feeling better Paigey!

3 comments:

Prachar family said...

So glad to hear she is feeling better FINALLY! You spelled wane right by the way!!

saras said...

Yeah, I'm glad she is feeling better. Hopefully the weather will be nicer and you guys can play outside! Being couped up inside while sick stinks!

sweetander said...

So glad you're up and around again! It was fun to hang out yesterday:)