Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween

Well, after much debate, we did take the girls out trick-or-treating. I just wasn't sure if Halloween is a holiday that we want to celebrate and some of our neighbors really don't decorate very tastefully. I love to dress the girls up and people do give out yummy candy, but ultimately, is the gorgeous weather that won me over. Paige was Elmo and Alaina was a lion. Alaina actually fell asleep, so she didn't really join in the festivities. Paige loved it and with a little prompting told everyone Thank you, and "Happy Oween", as we walked away. It was pretty cute.
We just couldn't get a good picture.




Here is our annual fall picture in front of our house. We took it kind of late this year. Our tree is past its fall prime.



Halloween also happens to be my birthday. This was a big one for me, the big 30. I don't feel older and really didn't think I was going to have a hard time with it, but leaving my 20's was hard to swallow. My husband is so sweet. He made this cake. We have been watching Ace of Cakes on tv, so he decided he wanted to try to make fondant for my cake. He made it from scratch, as he didn't know you could buy it. I'm sure it tastes better homemade anyway. It's made out of marshmellows and powdered sugar. Yummy! He's my Ace of Cakes!
Our Anniversary is November 8, and for a combination birthday/anniversary gift Mark planned a surprise weekend for me. I had no idea where we were going or what we were going to do until we got there. We went to Waukegan, IL for the Michael W. Smith/Steven Curtis Chapman United Tour performance. It was AWESOME!!!!! He did such a good job and I was totally surprised. And the venue was small. It only had 1800 seats, so it felt so quaint. They were totally candid and it was such a worshipful experience. Unfortunately, we didn't have our camara with us, so no pictures this time. It was just a great weekend for Mark and I to reconnect and spend some quality time together. Thanks honey, you're the best!





2 comments:

Prachar family said...

Wow, happy birthday! What a fun way to celebrate that and your anniversary! Impressive cake too! Way to go Mark!
Travis

Andrea G. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND WAY TO GO HUBBY! That sounds so sweet! What year was it?