Friday, October 10, 2008

Yummy Greenbeans!

Last night for supper I was letting Paige choose our side dishes to go with the brats Mark was cooking. No, Paige doesn't eat brats, she ate crackers and cheese. I opened up the pantry and she chose, with a little prodding, baked beans. Then she wanted mandarin oranges, a great choice, and I thought we should have a vegetable so I grabbed a can of greenbeans and asked her if we should have those. Always cooperative, she replied, "Sure". Her newest word for yes. She got her stool, helped me open the can and dumped them into the bowl. She then proceeded to stand there and eat over half the can. No, I didn't warm them up and yes, we did have to take the bowl away from her before she ate them all. If I would have put them on her plate, there's no chance she would have ate them. It's crazy what kids will do when it's their idea.

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

I love it! Use the reverse psychology on her! Whatever means necessary to win!
Travis