Monday, October 13, 2008

Not Me! Monday

Ok, I'm going to once again join the Not Me! Monday confessional. Check out some others at McMama's site. She started the craze. I do not love to read other people's confessions from the week that I can not totally relate to. Here goes. . .
  • I did not go out and buy Paige 4 dance outfits after only attending one class because I thought she would not be absolutely adorable in them. And I did not buy her the ballet shoes to go with them. It's not a class of 3 of her friends taught by a college gal in the basement of a friends house.
  • On Monday I did not need extra sleep after attending the MOPS Convention in Dallas and staying up way to late. I did not put Alaina down for a morning nap and sleep for 2 hours while Paige did not watch TV, even though Alaina did not sleep for only 30 minutes of that time. And I definitely did not take a 2 and a half hour afternoon nap that same day while both the girls napped. Nope, not me.
  • I did not call and schedule pictures for Alaina for next week because she has a little acne on her face this week and I am not hoping it will clear by then.
  • I do not enjoy reading my friends' Not Me! Monday post.
  • I do not try to get Paige to say, "Shake your booty" because that would be obnoxious and it is not totally cute. Especially when I found out that while her grandma was here and stirring something in the kitchen Paige did not say, "Grandma shakin' your booty". That was not totally hilarious.
  • I did not let Paige eat 2 ice cream cones at Dickey's BBQ. I did not love that they have soft serve ice cream for anyone who dines in. And I definitely did not have 2 cones myself. I have so much more self control than that.
  • I have not procrastinated at putting together the MOPS photo directories and now I do not have to resize 60 pictures and make 120 copies before tomorrow morning. And I am not posting on my blog instead of doing this right now. Not me!
  • I did not at any time this week ignore my 2 year old when she asked for the billionth time, "What doing, Mommy?" or "What's that noise?" I'm not a much better mom than that.
  • I am definitely not going to start making a list during the week of potential Not Me moments during the week because I do not have a hard time remembering all my blunders.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Great post... too cute about "shake your booty"

Prachar family said...

Ahhh, the sounds of freedom! I love it. I napped Monday too. Then I felt like I needed a nap every day until I took one again Sunday. I seem to have finally recovered! Love your list!
Travis

sweetander said...

LOVED the Not Me Monday posts!! So hilarious. Too bad I relate with everything you "don't" do:) I guess today is Monday, so my post would read, "I did NOT just spend 2 hours reading other blogs and have NOT totally neglected my son's nap. It is NOT almost 3:00! See you tomorrow!