Tuesday, October 7, 2008

MOPS Convention

I had the wonderful blessing of attending the MOPS Convention in Dallas this past week. I went with 13 other women from my group. It was a great time of refreshment as a mother, wife, and friend. It seems like there is always a moment during convention that I think this is why I'm here. I came to hear this. This year it was that I need to delight in my ordinary children and not try to make them extraordinary. There is so much pressure today to put your kids in playgroups, and preschools, and gymnastics, and soccer, and I could keep going on. And I have definitely felt the pressure. Paige is only 2. The only thing she needs right now is to be a kid. So what if she doesn't know her colors and she skips a few numbers when she counts. She is precious. She loves to help me and delights in it. She is independent and loves her friends. These are the things that matter. I just really want to relish in these moments that I have with my girls and spend all the time I can with them to help them grow into Godly women that love people as Christ does. I learned many other things, too, but this meant the most to me.

We saw Go Fish coming down the hall the first day we were there and had to have a picture. I didn't have my camara there, so thanks Travis for sharing your pics.
We were like groupies wanting our picture taken with them.
Here they are during the Convention General Session. Have I mentioned that I love Go Fish.
Here is the group of us hanging out before the session started. Can you find me?
My friend Travis and I at supper. She moved to Florida a few months ago and is missed greatly.
We also had some time for group bonding on Saturday night. It was an amazing time of sharing and prayer. Most of the night was spent in tears. I'm so thankful for this group of women that are sharing the journey with me. They keep me sane and I am a better mom because of them.

3 comments:

Derricca said...

Is this just an annual thing? I could REALLy use something like that right now. :) I am so glad you got to do something like that, how awesome, and refreshing too, I am sure!

The Novotny News said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time!! Love all the pics. Thanks for always updating. I love to see all of your smiling faces. It makes me feel like I'm not missing out!!

Prachar family said...

I agree with Molly, seems like I am not missing out...oh, wait, this time I was actually not missing out!!! Don't you love the pic of us?! I am so glad you could download the pictures. I wasn't 100% sure it would work that way! YEAH!
Travis