Monday, September 29, 2008

Not Me! Monday



So I found this on my friend, Travis' blog and I love it. So I am going to try to participate in MckMama's blog carnival of denial-truth. Here's my first attempt at Not Me! Monday. I hope you enjoy.


I did not put Alaina to bed in the clothes that she wore all day. And I did not let her wear those same said clothes the next day because I was too lazy to dig out some clean ones. No not me!


I did not let Paige eat dessert without finishing her vegetables even though I told her she had to before getting dessert.


Yesterday, I did not spend $5o at Old Navy on kids clothes that my girls do not need just because they were super cheap!


Not one time this week, did we do an acitivity just because I thought it might be blogworthy. And I for sure did not bring my camara along.


On Friday I did not eat 4 cinnamon rolls, and 3 brownies for supper after having pizza buffet. No not me, I have much more self control than that.


I did not let Paige eat a whole peach for lunch because I wanted her to find the "bead". I do not think that it's the cutest thing ever that she gets really excited about the seed and calls it a bead. I don't enjoy watching her inhaling the peach just to get to said bead.


Not once this week did I make Mark put on swim trunks in the shower because Paige wanted to shower too. I did not do this right after I got out of a nice relaxing shower.
I did not let Paige watch The Letter Factory over and over again while spent way too much time looking up my friends on Facebook and reading blogs. I am a much better mother than that. TV is not my daytime babysitter.






5 comments:

Lori said...

I do things with my sons too just to take pics of them doing something... isn't that a normal mom thing??

Rachel Bardwell said...

Next time that you don't have 4 cinnamon rolls after not eating a pizza buffet, ask me to join you!!

(Umm. . . I mean, DON'T ask me to join you :)

Prachar family said...

You did NOT do a great job on this post. I did not laugh out loud several times, because I would then have to make something up when my kids noticed and wanted to come see what was so funny! Isn't this such fun?? THanks for playing!
Travis

Jennifer said...

So funny about the shower! Great list of Not Me's!

jamie said...

you are great- i LOVE IT! see we just need to all do this and admit those things.. cause now (i already did before) but even more now i respect you! :) love it!