Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back to the Grind

Well, it seems as though everything is back to normal. Mark got home from the Boundary Waters Canoe Area (BWCA) on Saturday. It sounds like they had a great trip. Bugs were only bad two nights and the weather was gorgeous. They caught lots of fish and had tons of fun. I have to say that I am a bit jealous of their adventure. Maybe in a couple years we can take the girls up there.

I spent the week they were gone with my parents in Fort Dodge. In fact, I got home only shortly before Mark did. It was a good week, but it's nice to be home and in our own beds. I am thankful for the help I got from my parents. They are so good about getting up in the morning with the girls and letting me get a little extra sleep, no matter how early the girls decide to get up. Plus, I didn't have to think about meals the whole week, or things that I should be doing, but don't have time to do with 2 little ones. Thanks Mom and Dad for everything you did to help me.

Now we are busy getting back into the swing of things. I can't believe school has started already. It doesn't mean much to me other than summer is ending. I am staying busy working on MOPS stuff. It starts in September, so there is much to do before that first meeting. I'm so looking forward to this year. I feel that I'm finally into the swing of motherhood. Specifically, being a mother of two. I just love MOPS!

Here are a couple random pics from the end of our stay with Nana and Papa.

Nana giving Alaina a bath in the sink.

Papa playing basketball with Paige's bathtub toys.

Paige "parking" her car next to Papa's convertible.


2 comments:

The Novotny News said...

Hey there Melanie--
Just wanted to say hello and tell you that we think of you often and are missing you guys TONS!! We love looking at your blog. Lucy asks everyday if we can look at our friends from home...which is the blogs. We can't wait to see you guys at Christmas. Don't you guys have too much without us:)
Miss you--

Molly

Prachar family said...

Glad you are all back together. I am ixcited about MOPS too and convention!! Alaina looks so grown up when she's up on all 4s!!
They are growing up so fast! I love seeing their pictures!
Travis