Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Paige Elizabeth

Last night at supper Paige said her first prayer all by herself. Up until now she has always repeated what we say. I always ask her if she wants to pray and she says yes, but then silence. That is, until last night. She didn't say it loud, but in the sweetest little voice came, "Jesus. . . park. . .friends. . . Amen." I guess those are the things that are most important to her right now. I loved it. It was so special to hear her thoughts.
And for another first. . .Paige is sleeping in her big girl bed!!!! I guess it had to be her choice. We tried to get Paige to sleep in her bed before Alaina was born. She had none of it. After many, many hours of crying, we put her back in her crib and there she has stayed until two nights ago. Every night we would ask which bed she wanted to sleep in, and last night she decided she wanted to sleep in her big girl bed and has done great. I asked her who should sleep in her crib now and she told me "Awaina". I haven't moved the crib out of her room and don't really want to until I'm sure this will last. But so far so good. She goes right to sleep both at bedtime and naptime and doesn't get up until I go in to get her. It's amazing! I never thought the transition would be this easy. I guess I'm probably asking for it and tonight will be horrible, but we'll see. Way to go, Paige!


1 comment:

Miss Mommy said...

I'm so happy for you both!