Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Paige-isms

It never ceases to amaze me what will come out of my child's mouth. Here are a few of my favorites.
  • "Amen" - used in place of, The End, when finished reading a story
  • "CakeCake" = Pancakes
  • "Fummer" = Thunder
  • "Buggie" = Any bug, especially flies
  • "Afier" = Pacifier
  • "Sauce" - used for any fruit or veggie dip, condiments, and diaper ointment. Like when I'm changing her diaper she'll say, "I want sauce, mommy!"
  • "Bankum" = Blanket, and she loves them
  • "Wapper" = Fly Swatter
  • "Wee ha" = Yee ha
  • I love the way she thinks every color in the box is "greem".
  • I love that she pronounces L's with a w sound.
  • I love that she is so polite and almost always says please, thankyou, and sorry.

And my favorite Paige-ism (and she came up with this on her own) is that she says all bodily functions are an elephant. Like the other day I could tell that she was grunting. I asked her if she was pooping and she replied, "no mommy". I said, "Well, what's that smell?" And she replied, still grunting, "An elephant!"

Another time in the van Alaina was pooping loudly. And Paige blurts out, "Awaina elephant, mommy. Awaina elephant." I said, "Does Alaina need a daiper change?" "Yes, mommy, Awaina elephant!"

2 comments:

Rachel Bardwell said...

That's really funny! Maybe it smelled as bad as an elephant!

Deb said...

That's really funny!!! I was cracking up at the elephant part!