Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Does what goes up, always come back down?

Last night we got the girls in their jammies and I went downstairs to feed Alaina while Mark put Paige to bed. We did hugs and kisses like usual. Soon after Mark came downstairs we could hear Paige crying. Mark went up to check on her and came back down saying that she wants Mommy. So I handed Alaina off and went up. She was standing in her crib crying and when I asked her what was wrong, she said, "nose". I thought she just wanted me to wipe her nose because she was crying and it was running. So I picked her up, carried her into the bathroom, and sat her on the counter. I told her to blow and she did. Immediately she sneezed and I saw something fly out. That girl had bunched up at least one sticker and stuck it up her nose! I wouldn't doubt it was 2 or more and was in the shape of a triangle.

Help!!! She is a thumb sucker and likes to rub things on her upper lip. Usually these "things" are chewed up food, like fruit snacks, or raisins, or fruit. Disgusting, I know. I really don't know what to do. Fortunately, we haven't had a real emergency with this, but one will be in our near future if she keeps this up. Any ideas out there?

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

The unpleasantness of having something stuck is usually negative feedback enough to make it stop. We have had a variety of things up the nose at our house! Love reading your blog!
Miss you,
Travis